Uroxsys Marine Clearcoat Range
|As featured in the Boating NZ July 2010 article|
The Uroxsys Marine
Clearcoat range, is
an easy to use, high performance aliphatic polyurethane coating range
specifically created for the unforgiving marine environment. Developed
and extensively trialed over
a decade, this tough, long-lasting system retains the desirable
‘varnish look’ but offers significant gains in durability coupled
with fast and forgiving application properties.
The range consists of a set of primers
available in three natural timber tones along with a clear option. This
is applied as a single coat then over-coated with 5-6 coats of
Marine Aliphatic which is clear and available in gloss or matt.
It is suitable for interior and exterior use on brightwork, (trims, masts, bowspits, spars and cabin walls). It is not recommended for exterior decks. It has been successfully used on Oregon, Teak, Iroko, Spruce, Kauri and Mahogany, with outstanding results.
Performance and application properties of the Uroxsys Marine Clearcoat range:
- All products are single pack: no mixing required.
- Rapid build – multiple coats possible in one day
- Forgiving to high humidity, low temperatures and evenings applications (near dew point).
- Excellent sanding properties: can be hard-sanded the day following application, or the same day in warm conditions, without paper clogging
- Easily brushed, rolled or sprayed
- Suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Very high UV resistance
- Clear, aliphatic (non-yellowing) film
- Excellent toughness and abrasion resistance
- Good flexibility – moves with the substrate
- Microporous; allows moisture within the substrate to permeate through the film
- Easy to strip if required
- Easily sanded and recoated if necessary
- Extremely high resistance to: UV degradation, marine fuels, high saline conditions, water including mild acid and alkaline conditions (airborne pollutants, etc)
- The product is relatively inert, retaining the physical characteristics possessed on application for many years. Clarity, flexibility, high gloss and UV absorption remain after lengthy exterior exposures
- Available in high gloss and matt finishes
- Timber grain not obscured by the primer colour system (no opaque pigments)
- Excellent colour retention of the timber substrate over lengthy durations.
The system is available currently within New Zealand direct from the Manufacturer and selected stockists. We are able to ship nationwide. Please contact us if you are interested in stocking our range.
We intend on extending this to worldwide accessibility shortly. Please contact us if you are interested in becoming an international distributor or stockist.
- Boating NZ - Bring back the bling - July 10
- Classic Boat - Poly put the finish on - Dec 08
- Classic Boat - Exterior woodfinishing test results pt 2 - April 08
- Classic Boat - Exterior woodfinishing test results pt 1 - March 08
- Classic Boat - Varnishing the Nereis article - April 07
- Classic Boat Magazine - UK
- In the Classic Yacht Association of NZ Forum, view threads relating to Loloma, Ngatira, Wairiki and Rawene as some of the examples of boats which have used our product.